Translate to your language!

Monday 5 August 2013

Treasure yourself..

A few years ago, I was reading 'the gloss goss' - a blog written by Talita, which I loved. (Sadly, Tali has stopped blogging now due to various reasons).    In one of her posts, she spoke about Miranda Kerr's book; Treasure yourself.  I bought it soon after, as a present for my sister.

Recently whilst having a sort out, I found it and decided to read it.  "Treasure yourself" tells you a lot simply from it's title.  Whilst it isn't by any means the best book ever written, it did have an impact on me.  I found myself stopping every now and then, asking myself questions about a point she had just made - and really thinking about it!  Miranda's writing is as if a friend was having a casual talk with you, no scary scientific terms or complicated explanations!

She also believes in positive affirmations, and lists over 100 of the best ones (in her opinion) in the back.  Whilst i am not sold on positive affirmations, they are nice to read and some have lingered in my mind.

Overall, this is not a self help book, or something life changing.  But it does encourage you to love yourself, and offers ways to help you change your way of thinking.  It's a book worth having, although not one to depend on. But there is a hidden message in there for you, if you are willing to receive it.



Some of my favourite excerpts:

“A rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose.All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too. I want to encourage women to embrace their own uniqueness.” ― Miranda Kerr

“I am my own person capable of making my own decisions and choosing powerfully how i live. I appreciate and respect what others have to say but ultimately I choose how I live my life.” 
― Miranda Kerr

“Sometimes, challenges and struggles are exactly what we need in our lives...May you welcome every effort, every struggle, and every challenge...May you open your wings and fly!” ― Miranda Kerr


Megan xxx






6 comments:

  1. I followed your blog:) I would be so grateful if you followed mine back:)

    www.styleloversunite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. would you like to follow each other on Facebook, GFC, G+ and Bloglovin? if you do, just follow me and let me know on my blog. I'll follow you right back!

    vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...